The Collin Chronicles: Tales of a Tiny Tyrant

On December 31st 2005 my husband CJ and I became the proud parents of a gorgeous baby boy we named Collin. Needless to say life has been a rollercoaster ride since then! This blog will document the ups and downs of living with the tiny tyrant who now rules our lives!

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Weekly Book Fix

Thanks to Stephanie over at The Written Word I've been perusing quite a few reading/book lovers blogs and have been itching to go make some purchases based on those bloggers recommendations and reading lists. So this morning my lovely husband drove me over to Borders and kept the boy occupied while I binged on books. I'm going with a "classics" theme (both old school and modern) for the rest of the summer. Here's what I purchased today...

War and Peace
Crime and Punishment
Northanger Abbey
Lord of the Flies (started this one on the beach today and I'm already very afraid for poor Piggy)
The Princess Bride
Love in the Time of Cholera

Looking at the list I can't believe that I haven't read some of these already. The good thing about buying some of these classics like Austen, Tolstoy, and Dostoevsky is that their cheap! This stack should keep me busy for a while.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I remember reading Lord of the Flies when I was in HS. Can't wait to hear what you thought of all the rest!

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After Lord of the Flies, read Princess Bride - you'll need it!

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of classics, I also loved To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. Trying to sell Chris on our first son being named "Atticus" might be difficult though!

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home