The Collin Chronicles: Tales of a Tiny Tyrant

On December 31st 2005 my husband CJ and I became the proud parents of a gorgeous baby boy we named Collin. Needless to say life has been a rollercoaster ride since then! This blog will document the ups and downs of living with the tiny tyrant who now rules our lives!

Monday, August 07, 2006

Mommy Lit

Becoming a parent has introduced me to a whole new genre of books I like to call "Mommy Lit". I was reorganizing my bookshelves today and realized I've accumulated quite a few books on motherhood and parenting related topics....books with titles like "Mommy Wars", "Breeder", and "Operating Instructions". They've brought me quite a few laughs throughout the last several months. One that I've recently been perusing is called Inconsolable: How I Threw My Mental Health Out with the Diapers by Marrit Ingman. This book I actually love. I love her dark humor, writing skill, and courage she shows to tell the world about her battle with post-partum depression. She also has a blog that is both entertaining (much more so than mine) and thought provoking.

Today was a tough day on the mommy front at our house. Little C has become something like a stalker. I feel his eyes on me wherever I go. Don't get me wrong, I love that he loves me so much and it's pretty flattering that I'm the only one who can meet his needs right now, but everyday life necessities are not getting done...I can't operate with a 20 lb boy attached to my hip! Ithink I need to start practicing the zen art of letting go....letting go of all the things that there just aren't time to do anymore.

On the up side...Collin and sweet potatoes mix pretty well. We're looking forward to the orange poop that is sure to come.

3 Comments:

Blogger Andrew McAllister said...

It's amazing how our life transitions transform our bookshelves, isn't it?

Thank you so much for visiting "To Love, Honor and Dismay" and for contributing your "hated questions."

All the best!
Andrew

10:44 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

This time goes by so fast...don't worry so much about the little stuff. Just try to enjoy your son as he is right now because he will be a boy before you know it!

7:26 AM  
Blogger Victoria said...

Found your blog via my site meter! Love that I'm not the only referring to my child as a tyrant/overlord! Looking forward to hearing about your further adventures and reads!

Vicky
The Mummy Chronicles

P.S. Watch out for banana poop. Ick!

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home