The Collin Chronicles: Tales of a Tiny Tyrant

On December 31st 2005 my husband CJ and I became the proud parents of a gorgeous baby boy we named Collin. Needless to say life has been a rollercoaster ride since then! This blog will document the ups and downs of living with the tiny tyrant who now rules our lives!

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Not to get too graphic, but...

I know that it's mostly family members reading this blog right now and that makes it a little bit difficult to post about some of the more delicate topics regarding motherhood to a 7 month old. Or at least with my prudish family it is! I mean, my mother doesn't even like how frequently we use the word breasts or booby in conversation these days. However, it has been a tough day on the breastfeeding journey and I need to post about it. We've been doing great, all things considered. I mean, it must be going well because the kid is busting over the 20 pound mark already! I did think that after this long I wouldn't be forced to deal with any more cracked nipples though. I though that form of motherhood torture was reserved only for those first several weeks. I was definitely wrong on that front. About 2 weeks ago Collin started getting particularly ferocious on the breast. I mean nashing and thrashing about. He has developed into a baby with very bad breast feeding etiquette seemingly overnight! My poor right nipple is mangled but good and I actually had to see the doctor today. Of course, there's not much to be done except apply lanolin and "air dry". I am trying to impress upon Collin how much it hurts me when he thrashing around while feeding, but the little imp actually seems to get a gleam in his eye when he's doing it! I just continue to remind myself what a great thing I'm doing for my kid by continuing to breast feed, but my eye is on the clock and its ticking!

2 Comments:

Blogger chichimama said...

When he bites pop him right off and say "NO" very sternly. Use your finger to break the seal. He'll settle down eventually, both my kids did that at about 7 months, and it didn't seem to last all that long. It was outrageously painful though. Good luck! You are doing a great job.

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » »

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home