The Collin Chronicles: Tales of a Tiny Tyrant

On December 31st 2005 my husband CJ and I became the proud parents of a gorgeous baby boy we named Collin. Needless to say life has been a rollercoaster ride since then! This blog will document the ups and downs of living with the tiny tyrant who now rules our lives!

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Destination Santa Barbara!

Tuesday morning we headed out of LA and onto the Pacific Coast Highway. Next stop...Santa Barbara. On the way we stopped in Santa Monica again for some quick shopping at the 3rd Street Promenade. I didn't buy anything, but quickly discovered that none of the stores would let you use their bathroom...even Barnes and Noble! It seemed like this was a away to keep the many homeless people around the area from using the facilities. I say even homeless people need to pee too! Anyway, then it was off to Malibu for lunch at Duke's and a yummy Lava Flow (don't ask me what's in it, but I discovered them at Duke's in Hawaii on our honeymoon. Once we were back on the road Santa Barbara was not so far away and I have to say that we fell in love with it right away. It's gorgeous and our little inn is quite comfortable. I have to admit that it was a relief to get out of LA, if not for the time we spent with friends, I probably could have skipped it all together.

Once we checked in at the inn, we quickly drove up to see the Santa Barbara Mission. Collin put on quite a display of bellowing just in time to enter the church. I think he liked the sound of his voice echoing. Boy, does traveling with a young baby change your experience! We've received plenty of the "stink eye" from people. Oh well, babies are people too. We have however, become quite adept at picking the most raucous place available to have dinner because it really does drown out any noise Collin's making. Last night we went to a local sea food place called Brophy Brothers right on the marina. Great food and VERY loud. Collin promptly fell asleep!

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

You're tagged - check out my post entiled tagged.

8:44 PM  
Blogger JerseyGirl said...

Good Lord, I don't know 6 people to tag back! This could take a while!

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home