The Collin Chronicles: Tales of a Tiny Tyrant

On December 31st 2005 my husband CJ and I became the proud parents of a gorgeous baby boy we named Collin. Needless to say life has been a rollercoaster ride since then! This blog will document the ups and downs of living with the tiny tyrant who now rules our lives!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Heat Wave!

I'm not sure if the heat is contributing, but Collin's behavior the last few days has been off the wall. I guess it must be a combination of things like teething, reaching developmental milestones, and re-entry after a long vacation...all happening at the same time! He has been grumpy, cranky, and impossible to please. We actually took him to the doctor yesterday, just to make sure there's nothing physically wrong with him. Nope...nothing! The doctor said it's "behavioral". Crazy me, I've always thought of "behavioral" issues as an adolescent thing...not an infant thing! Well, the good news is that last night we had a bit of a breakthrough with the sleeping. I hate to even mention it because I feel like it's spitting in the wind a bit. Who know's what tonight will bring? Anyway, I nursed him (BIG NO NO in the doctor's book) to sleep, but he woke up as soon as I put him down in the crib. I called in the daddy reinforcements and CJ got him to sleep. This was around 8:30. Low and behold, he didn't wake up until 6:00 this morning. Needless to say, I'm hoping that this is the beginning of a trend. CJ and I are strategizing like to 2 generals in a war what our next moves will be.

On the book front, my To Be Read pile is growing in leaps and bounds. I got 2 Mommy related titles in the mail today that look particularly relevant... Literary Mama (edited by Buchanan & Hudock) and The Imperfect Mom (edited by Borchard). Who knows when I'll actually get the time to read them, but I'll keep you posted.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I just posted about various blogs all about books. I am sure you would be very interested. Also, I am considering developing another blog on the side called a virtual book club. Would you be interested in reading a particular book and then posting questions and answers back and forth?

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Ferrari 412 parts Chutes and ladders board game Virility pill weight loss pill Canon powershot s1 is digital camera patientkeeper &aposs mobile dictated application service pdas pda pocket pc spam filter for evansville online Voip pc camera

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home