The Collin Chronicles: Tales of a Tiny Tyrant

On December 31st 2005 my husband CJ and I became the proud parents of a gorgeous baby boy we named Collin. Needless to say life has been a rollercoaster ride since then! This blog will document the ups and downs of living with the tiny tyrant who now rules our lives!

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Disturbing...Vent of the day

All over the news right now where I live is the arrest of a local handyman for sexually assaulting children in the homes where he worked. We're talking at least 11 children , ages 2 through 11, boys and girls. Not only did he assault these kids, but he put video cameras in the bathrooms of dozens of clients to be able to watch them in their daily comings and goings. We're talking really sick shit here. Just like all pedophiles he found ways to get close to kids and ways to "groom" them to get his sicko needs met. Obviously, I find this disturbing. I don't think there's a time in my life I wouldn't have found it disturbing. Since Collin has been born though, I really find myself getting sick to my stomach when I see these stories. I mean, WE have a handyman! I was nervous about unknown people in the house before. It sucks that you have to be a woman in the world today, in the United States no less, and worry about being attacked in your own home (or by your intimate partner for that matter since its so much more common then a stranger attacking youz). Put Collin into the picture and its a whole new ballgame. I mean here is a little creature who is truly for defenseless for the time being. Working in the field as sexual assault/domestic violence counselor, you would think I might be just a little bit used to hearing these stories, but I'm not. I still continue to be shocked. Seriously, when is our society going to say enough is enough?

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I have found that ever since Leah was born that I am much more disturbed by news reports and violent acts toward children. I guess it is easier now to put myself in the parent's shoes.

9:16 AM  
Blogger chichimama said...

I get hysterical about such things too. But I am also very curious where the parents were with the two year old. When we have people in the house, I keep both kids with me at all times. Especially my little one...

6:37 PM  
Blogger Victoria said...

I feel the same way now that Reagan is here. Just last night our alarm or something in our house went off and all I could think while my husband toured the house was how fast can I get her out of here?!

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home