The Collin Chronicles: Tales of a Tiny Tyrant

On December 31st 2005 my husband CJ and I became the proud parents of a gorgeous baby boy we named Collin. Needless to say life has been a rollercoaster ride since then! This blog will document the ups and downs of living with the tiny tyrant who now rules our lives!

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Better Late Then Never

I meant to get around to blogging about my Cleveland weekend on Monday. Woops...the week is running away from me. Our 7 th annual trip ladies trip was another smashing success in my humble opinion. I must say that we pretty much did nothing but eat, drink, and sleep (and read). Of course, we also attended the game, which was a total bust. The Browns lost 17-7. This is truly the worst they have ever played since we've started going to the games. That even includes our first trip 7 years ago when the Giants hammered them. They suck even more because they SHOULD be a decent, even GOOD football team. So, our record now stands at 5 wins and 2 losses seen on our trips. Still, not to shabby. It was also, by far, the coldest game we've been to. For once, we packed it up before the game was actually over and headed out to one of the pubs.

The real highlight for me was the time away and the good company. One of the biggest things I miss about my BC (before Collin) days is simply uninterrupted time. Time to just do whatever I want...read, eat, chat, SLEEP. The sleep was fantastic! Two nights of 8 hours plus sleep in my own, extremely comfortable, bed was awesome. We also ate and drank like queens. For me, the highlight meal was the brunch on Sunday morning at Pickwicks and Frolics. Chocolate fountain and mimosas. If you are ever in Cleveland on a Sunday morning, I highly recommend you make this stop!

I admit that I did pine for my little chief the whole weekend, but I didn't let it stop me from enjoying the time away. Distance does really make the heart grow fonder! From all reports he did fine over the weekend, if not a bit baffled. One of my fears was that he would forget who I was. Well, when Collin saw me at the airport on Monday, it did kind of seem like he forgot me. He was more interested in gazing at his Aunty Chau. He remembered me quick enough when it was time to breast feed! I actually think the little tyrant was giving me the cold shoulder on purpose!

Here's a pic of me at the game...


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had so much fun didn't we? Too bad we couldn't figure out our sleep number bed!

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maureen, I'm curious, how did you become a Browns fan? Did you go to school out there?

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home