The Collin Chronicles: Tales of a Tiny Tyrant

On December 31st 2005 my husband CJ and I became the proud parents of a gorgeous baby boy we named Collin. Needless to say life has been a rollercoaster ride since then! This blog will document the ups and downs of living with the tiny tyrant who now rules our lives!

Monday, October 02, 2006

Collin Goes To Washington

Saturday turned out to be a mixed bag of weather. As we arrived at the book festival it was raining steadily. Pretty miserable. By the time 2:00 rolled around it was still cloudy, but at least the rain stopped. Despite an awful sleep Collin was gung ho for most of the day. He loves sitting up in the stroller and he looks like a little king on his mobile throne. He is constantly looking around, scanning the crowd and checking out everything. As usual he garnered lots of attention as we roamed the festival. He was his usual coy and flirty self. At one point CJ was waiting for me when I was in the book sales tent and parked Collin's stroller next to a little girl in her stroller. Well, it only took him about 1 minute to steal the binky right out of her mouth. CJ told me later that ne needed to get out of there because Collin was all over the little girl!

During a lull in the festival action I finally took Collin on his first carousel ride. I've been wanting to do this for a while. I have to say that sucker went at a decent clip! Collin loved it and insisted on standing up on our bench so he could have a bird's eye view of the action. Here we are...


Later on the boy passed out cold in the baby bjorn.... too much literary stimulation I guess!



After the festival we headed back to Alexandria for dinner. Boy oh boy, this kid does NOT like for his two parents to be sitting down to dinner out. About 20 minutes after we sat down Collin lost his crap and we needed to beat a hasty retreat. Dinner to go once again. The good news is that he did sleep the night through in the travel crib. Our prayers were answered!

We briefly considered a third night, but decided we would be nuts since we were all under the weather. Before hitting the road home though we made a stop at the FDR Memorial. This one is probably my favorite. Here is Collin with FDR's dog Fala...


More trip tid-bits tomorrow!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Maureen,

CJ passed me the link to your blog. I love it. I will check in from time to time.

Best,
Marcella

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home