The Collin Chronicles: Tales of a Tiny Tyrant

On December 31st 2005 my husband CJ and I became the proud parents of a gorgeous baby boy we named Collin. Needless to say life has been a rollercoaster ride since then! This blog will document the ups and downs of living with the tiny tyrant who now rules our lives!

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Remind me again....What month is this?


I'm not exactly an expert on weather, but the kind of weather we have been experiencing here makes it kind of hard not to take global warming seriously. This is January, right? It was a very sunny 70 degrees here at the Jersey Shore (as we like to call it) today. It's downright bizarre to me. Don't get me wrong, I loved it, but there's something not quite right about it. We took the boy out to the beach and walked the boardwalk for a while. There were tons of people out and about. Everyone was in a great mood. Is this what it's like to live in southern climes or do people just start to take the warm weather for granted?


Collin seemed to forget that we spent a good amount of time on the beach this past summer....He acted like he had never seen sand before! He did go a bit crazy for the slide though. His primary interest was in climbing back up the slide after his ride down. I was none too steady on the slide myself and almost went flying over tie side when I took a ride down with Collin. The boy looked so tiny amongst all those "big" kids on the playground, but he was in no way daunted. I think he forgets that he is all of one year old!

Collin's long lost Aunt Amanda visited us at the playground for a while too. Seems as though she is missing her little nephew since leaving him to go back to college! She had the audacity to hint that she might be considering taking another childcare position. I told her that Collin would never forgive her and that as it was he seems to be forgetting her more each day. I suppose it was obvious that I'm still a bit bitter over her departure.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos! Leah was outside all day playing with the neighborhood kids in the backyard. Just crazy weather!
- Stephanie
www.mesocrafty.wordpress.com

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, it's me the bib embroiderer. Thanks for letting me take a look at you little darling. It made me a little sad though, as my grandchildren, ages 6 and 3, have moved five hours away after being 20 min. away all their young lives.
He is a very handsome young man and I know his grandmothers will miss him sorely when he moves to Japan. I am and will be praying for you and your family while you are in transition and far away from home. May God bless, protect, and have mercy on you all. Sherry

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home