The Collin Chronicles: Tales of a Tiny Tyrant

On December 31st 2005 my husband CJ and I became the proud parents of a gorgeous baby boy we named Collin. Needless to say life has been a rollercoaster ride since then! This blog will document the ups and downs of living with the tiny tyrant who now rules our lives!

Monday, November 27, 2006

Tomorrow is the day...

...that we start Collin's vaccinations. We have delayed for almost a whole year and I'm a nervous wreck about it. Our plan has always been to vaccinate him at some point. We've just been more comfortable with a delayed vaccination schedule. I did a ton of research on this topic during my pregnancy and talked it over with people on both sides of the fence, so to speak. I spoke with or heard of one too many parents that attribute their child's illness or delays to the vaccines. I heard enough that it made me want to hold off on doing it. It just seemed like a good idea to give his own immune system and little body time to develop and gain strength on its own. Conversely, I've always believed that the immunizations do what they are supposed to do. That much is pretty obvious, but I'm still a nervous wreck over it. A couple of things have changed my mind in the previous weeks though. For one, there have been several outbreaks of whooping cough, including in Boston and Chicago, that have been in the news. The thought of Collin catching whooping cough scares the crap out of me. We're also planning on traveling abroad in the coming months. Collin will/may be exposed to all kinds of different germs, so it seems to make sense that we get this thing rolling. There are still a few vaccines that I think we'll be passing on, like the one for chickenpox. So, we'll see how it goes tomorrow. Needless to say, he is going to be pissed. When my kid is pissed off, it is a pretty impressive sight. Keep you posted.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

I admire you for doing your research and doing what you feel is best for your son. From what I gather, all kids react a little differently to vaccines, and some (like Avery) don't have any reaction at all. It's a little scary, I understand.

Good luck, hope it is uneventful!

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home