The Collin Chronicles: Tales of a Tiny Tyrant

On December 31st 2005 my husband CJ and I became the proud parents of a gorgeous baby boy we named Collin. Needless to say life has been a rollercoaster ride since then! This blog will document the ups and downs of living with the tiny tyrant who now rules our lives!

Friday, January 19, 2007

Laid Low

Our house is the sick house these days. Collin and I have been hit with a nasty cold and he is also suffering from a bit of an ear infection. The ear infection is a mild one and this is his first...we made it to about 13 months with no real illnesses. Not too shabby! The thing with Collin is that although he is sick, I don't think it has occured to him that he should be resting. How do you get a 1 year old to rest if he is not so inclined? I've pretty much determined that it can't be done. So, he is just bopping around from thing to thing leaving a trail of drool and snot behind him. The worst part of the whole thing has been getting him to submit to the saline spray up his nose. The physical strength and his capacity to squirm away continue to astound me! If I weren't sick too, it wouldn't be such a big deal ...but, I do want to rest! My wonderful husband is coming home early from work this afternoon to spend time with the boy while I try to get an extra snooze in. The plan is try and lay low for the weekend so were in better shape for the big family vacation next week. Jamaica here we come!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love stories about spouses who arrive in time to provide nap opportunities. That's SUCH a supportive thing to do :o)

Andrew (To Love, Honor, and Dismay)

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home